I am a mother of 5 crazy, homeschooling children ages 10 & under, wife to an amazing man, and daughter of the King of the Universe!I enjoy reading, making my kids laugh, cooking, all things natural, learning to play guitar and dusting off my piano skills.One day I hope to run again, but until then I’m learning patience.
- Back to the Basics! - February 24, 2020
- Blessing Others with a Valentine’s Day Heart Attack - February 10, 2020
- Are You Willing to Be Humiliated? - December 9, 2019
“Create a great day!”
The first time I heard this phrase, I was part of a Let’s Start Talking mission team to Venezuela. That phrase struck me at my core and has become a part of my everyday thinking for the last 16 years.
What does Creating a Great Day Mean?
It means so much. I actually tear up thinking about all it means because God has used it to bring me through so much and we hope he uses it in amazing ways in your life too.
- Allowing our reactions to be controlled by the Spirit and not by the events of the day
- Seeing that each day has a purpose and that purpose involves us being an active participant in it instead of just letting the day go by
- Opening our hearts so God can work through us
- Spreading joy wherever we go instead of leaving a path of grumbling & negativity
- Encouraging others on their life’s journey
- Being a light for Christ in a dark world
- Providing a safe place for one to question, doubt, fail, forgive, grow & come to know Jesus better
- Standing tall in faith when Satan attacks
- Supporting others through difficult times
- Sharing God and all His glory with whomever we come in contact
- Liftng each other up in prayer
- Going the extra mile
- Smiling to make others smile
- Glorifying God whatever the circumstances
and truly so much more!
What is the Creating a Great Day Blog?
For us, the Creating a Great Day Blog is not only a resource for women but also a mission field to encourage women to glorify God whatever the day brings.
It’s purpose is wrapped up in these two verses:
This is the day the Lord has made; let us be glad and rejoice in it.
But encourage each other daily, as long as it’s called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness.
How It All Began
At the beginning of 2015, I felt the Holy Spirit nudging me to use what I had learned with OKCMomsblog.com to start a blog proclaiming Him. Although I loved the idea, I fought it because I believed I didn’t have the time nor the energy.
However, God is good and faithful to those he calls, so He provided all that we needed for it to happen.
It came with my finally trusting Him, giving up the excuses, and writing out a plan.
God put the same nudging on Britnie’s heart and at the end of April, she texted saying that “we should start a christian women’s blog.” God couldn’t have provided a better partner for this website! She is an amazing person who shines Christ’s love on everyone she meets and works her tail off!
God provided encouraging husbands, who are gifted in their own ways, and help us focus all of our ideas.
God provided contributor’s to bring you daily heart, encouraging content. We can’t wait for you to read for yourself the amazing things God has done in their lives!
God provided the talented McKenzie, creator of The Lettered Light, to design the visual expression of Creating a Great Day.
God provided a great mentor in Erin,owner of OKC Mom’s Blog. She has been extremely supportive and encouraging as we venture out into the blogosphere. A couple others like Kelly, creator of The OK Momma, and Kara, creator of AllterNativeLearning, have also shared their wisdom.
God has brought you here to be encouraged so that you can go out to create a great day for others!
Will you join us on our journey to Create a Great Day!?!