Sitting on the Porch with Pam
Sitting on the porch and enjoying the company of others as we talk and get to know each other better is an absolute joy. Although we might not all be able to get together physically, we can do it virtually.
So grab a cup of your favorite drink and let’s get to know Pam a little better. In the months to come, she will be encouraging our hearts by sharing what God is putting on hers.
1. What is your favorite Bible verse?
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
– Philippians 4:6-7
2. Who is the most relatable Bible character to you and why?
He messed up so much that Paul didn’t want him to go with him on his missionary journey, but Barnabas stood up for him and took a chance on him. John Mark didn’t squander this fresh start, and Paul later commends him for his service.
I’ve been like John Mark and have had people like Barnabas in my life, who’ve stood alongside me and encouraged me, spurring me on to do better.
4. What is your favorite go-to easy meal?
Roasted chicken with potatoes/carrots
5. What are your hobbies?
Running, Hiking, Reading, Playing the piano, Singing
6. What is your favorite T.V. show or movie?
7. What’s your favorite thing to do in your free time?
Read a book
8. Who is your role model?
9. Would you rather vacation at a mountain cabin or a beach house?
10. What is the best thing about yourself?
I’m an encourager.
11. What is one of your favorite books and/or what are you reading right now?
Francine Rivers’ “Mark of the Lion” series (inspirational fiction).
I’m currently reading “In His Image” by Jen Wilkin.