- What is your favorite Bible verse?
Psalm 29:11 — “The Lord gives his people strength. The Lord blesses them with peace.”
I first read this verse four years ago at a time that I was desperately in need of peace in my life. I didn’t know if I was just being too hopeful, or if God put it in front of me while praying one night. I thought it was too good to be true so I prayed for him to use this verse again in a new way if he really was using it to speak to me regarding my situation. The following morning while at church, the worship leader shared a verse that she had felt God asking her to share. Any guess what it was? This verse has been my go-to since that day.
- Who is the most relatable Bible character to you and why?
I’ll go with Peter as my final answer! 🙂 As for the why, I would say that there have been times that while I don’t deny Christ outright with my words, my actions would have done the job for me. Before I know it I’m left with regret and shame because my head AND my heart know better. Poor Peter, left with a bit of a bad rap I guess, but in the end he is known as a follower and lover of Jesus despite his mess ups. I hope for the same.
- What is your favorite go-to easy meal?
Trader Joe’s Salsa Verde with chicken cooked for about 8 hours in the crock pot, shred and eat over tortilla chips or use for soft tacos. So easy and so yummy.
- What are your hobbies?
Hobbies? What are those?
- What is your favorite T.V. show or movie?
Once Upon A Time and The Flash
- What’s your favorite thing to do in your free time?
Visit my nieces and nephew, watch movies, and read.
- Who is your role model?
Not sure I have a role model per se, but I’ve been fortunate enough to have a few mentors who have helped me along the way.
- Would you rather vacation at a mountain cabin or a beach house?
Mountain cabin! With a fireplace. Near running water. Some snow wouldn’t hurt either.
- What is the best thing about yourself?
When I figure this out I’ll be sure to let you know.
- What is one of your favorite books and/or what are you reading right now?
I’m currently reading For The Love by Jen Hatmaker. My favorite author is Francine Rivers, I’ve loved everything I’ve read of hers. I shamelessly admit I also loved The Hunger Games and the Divergent series.
- Pouring Out and Giving Back to Your Leaders - May 22, 2018
- Prayer in Waiting - March 13, 2018
- Control Issues - February 22, 2018